Effective: February 18, 2016
At Hyper Hippo, we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We have designed the game, applications and website in a way to ensure that players of all ages are able to have an enjoyable experience in a safe environment.
- From time to time, we may provide links to third party websites. Those links are provided as a service to our users. We do not sponsor or endorse those third parties, nor do we control their activities. You should review any website terms and conditions, privacy policies, and other disclosures that those sites provide before interacting with those third parties, or providing them with information about yourself.
1. Do we collect information from you to use or register on our site?
Registration may be required to join a game on supersecretsanrioproject.com or facebook.com. During registration, all players will be asked to setup basic login information (such as password, etc.) and provide other information such as email address. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Registration information may be used:
- To allow access to the site
- To create a unique account profile (for personalization, reward points, etc.)
- For parental notice/consent purposes (when required)
- To offer parental controls for users under 13
- Password reset purposes
- Setup billing for e-commerce
2. What types of community or social features do we offer you on our site and how do we keep these areas safe?
We may offer the following public community features:
- Community Message Boards
We keep these areas safe by using a combination of automated filtering and human moderation, as well as in-game controls, to prevent the sharing of personal information and inappropriate messages. In addition, for all users, we offer pre-moderate postings to community message boards.
Any players found breaking any of the terms of conditions will have their account deleted. Any abuses of the terms of conditions or other concerns should be reported to our support team at email@example.com.
3. Do we offer other features on our site that ask you to provide information?
Yes, we may also offer the following features:
- Newsletter sign-up form
- Customer support
- Periodic entries for contests and sweepstakes
Some of these features may collect a limited amount of information, such as email address and other information relevant to that particular feature. Some features may require registration before you can access them.
The simplify the registration process, we may give you the option to link your account with Facebook. When you link your account, Facebook may share data about you with us, and we may share information about you with Facebook.
4. Do we collect information from you using cookies or other web technologies?
We may use the following cookies and other technologies to collect information:
- Session cookies and persistent cookies
These technologies may be used for the following purposes:
- To collect IP address and other header information (browser, operating system, etc.)
- To collect website browsing statistics
- For website analytics/performance
- For website personalization
- To preserve the safety and security of our site
In some instances, cookies/technologies may be linked to a user’s personal information, such as an email address, but not for users under the age of 13.
5. Do we have e-commerce or advertisements on our site?
We use third party ecommerce services and games on supersecretsanrioproject.com and facebook.com do not contain any third-party advertising, excepting any advertising displayed directly by Facebook on facebook.com.
6. With whom do we share your information?
We do not share personal information with independent third parties for their own marketing purposes. Certain personal information regarding our users may be shared with outside vendors, including but not limited to, credit card processors and our development partners. These vendors are prohibited by contract to share any of that information with any other party or to use it for their own purposes.
We may disclose user information, including personal information, in order to respond to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement request, user safety issue, or as otherwise required by law. Your information may also be transferred to a third party in the event Hyper Hippo files for bankruptcy or is involved in an acquisition, merger, sale, corporate reorganization, bankruptcy proceeding, or other similar event.
7. How do we keep your information secure?
We have adopted industry-standard steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is secure, as well as utilize electronic security systems and password protections to guard against unauthorized access.
8. What types of parental controls do we offer parents?
For users under the age of 13, we allow parents to do the following:
- Deactivate their child’s account
- Access and manage their child’s account data
- Review any “personal information” associated with their child’s account
- Delete any “personal information” associated with their child’s account
- Discontinue further collection or use of their child’s personal information
To request any of these actions, or if you become aware of any information we have inadvertently collected from children under 13, parents or guardians should contact our support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyper Hippo believes that parents should supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that may help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools may also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
9. How can you contact us with privacy questions or concerns?
Hyper Hippo Productions Ltd. can be contacted as follows:
By email to: email@example.com
By mail to:
Hyper Hippo Productions Ltd.
200 – 1650 Bertram Street
Kelowna, BC, Canada, V1Y 2G4