Updated: May 25, 2018
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND REVISIONS
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are two types of information we may collect through your use of the Products and Services:
- “Personal Information” which is information about an identifiable individual (including any “Personal Information” as such term is defined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Canada or the Personal Information Protection Act, British Columbia). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, a person’s name, email address, residential address, precise geolocation information (i.e., your specific location), telephone number, payment card information, transaction history, other billing information and, in some cases, user name.
- “Non-Personal Information” which is information that does not identify you and cannot be used to contact you personally, including information about you such as your date of birth, age, gender, postal code and non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your city), as well as information about your computer, mobile device, and game system platform such as your unique device ID, or other persistent identifiers, and their hardware/software/firmware. Non-Personal Information also includes “Usage Data” which is anonymous data tied to your computer, mobile device, and/or game system platform, such as the actions you take within and outside of the Products and Services, the browser you use, the identity of other apps included on your device, the date and time of your use of the Products and Services, your game progress, play time, score and achievements, and the URLs you visited and/or apps you used before and after using our Products and Services.
PRODUCTS OFFERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THIRD PARTY(S)
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect information (including Personal Information) as follows:
- If you choose to open an account with us, register for a contest, sign up for our newsletter, request support, or in any other way take steps that require the submission of information; we may collect information such as your name, email address, physical address, date of birth, gender and/or phone number.
- If you choose to connect to one of our Products and Services through a third-party social network such as Facebook, we may collect information from your profile on such third-party social networks, such as your name, username, photograph, gender and date of birth.
- If you choose to make a purchase of or through our Products and Services, we will collect your credit card information and other billing information.
- If you choose to make use of any public forum, comment section, or chat function, we may collect any information you may disclose through such means.
- If you choose to send a message to another user or defined group of users through our message, chat, post or other in-game function, we may collect any information you may disclose through such means, as well as the necessary Personal Information of the user(s) you are contacting, in order to facilitate the communication.
- If you choose to enable push notifications, we may use your information such as a device ID, in order to send push notifications to your device.
- We may collect precise geolocation information provided that, prior to doing so initially, you will either be informed of such practice or be prompted to allow or disallow such feature. In the event you proceed with using any of the Products or Services or choose to allow such feature, you will have the ability to disallow it at any time thereafter by taking the appropriate steps in the applicable settings tab.
- Certain of our Products and Services may read your device to determine what other apps have been installed and information, such as your city and gender, may be inferred based on the identity of those apps.
- If you choose to submit your information to us for any other reason in any other form, we will collect such information and use it for the purposes for which you submitted it.
- We will not collect any Personal Information from you simply by virtue of your visiting any of our websites; we only collect it if you choose to submit it to us. We do, however, collect Non-Personal Information such as device IDs, and other persistent identifiers, as well as Usage Data, whenever you use our Products and Services. Such Non-Personal Information is not combined with Personal Information unless you choose to submit Personal Information to us.
- We may also collect information, including Personal Information as otherwise permitted by law.
From time to time, Hyper Hippo may employ third party contractors to collect personal information on our behalf to provide email delivery, product, prize or promotional fulfillment, contest administration, credit card processing, shipping or other services on our sites. When requesting these services, you may be asked to supply your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and other information to our contractors. We may ask some third party contractors, such as credit agencies, data analytics or market research firms, to supplement Personal Information that you provide to us for our own marketing and demographic studies, so that we can consistently improve our sites and related advertising to better meet our visitors' needs and preferences. To enrich our understanding of individual customers, we may tie this information to the Personal Information you provide to us.
In connection with the foregoing collection of information, we may also use “cookies” or similar technologies (small amounts of data that are stored on your computer's hard drive, mobile device or game system platform when you use or access our Products and Services that identify your computer, mobile device or game system platform and may store information about you such as behavioural data). Should you choose to submit Personal Information to us, we may link cookie information to such Personal Information. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you have the option of blocking or disabling cookies. However, please be aware that some of our Products and Services will not function properly if you do so and you may lose access to Products and Services you purchased.
Hyper Hippo does not collect Personal Information through the use of our Products and Services unless users choose to provide it. If you do not wish to have Hyper Hippo collect your Personal Information through the use of our Products and Services, you can choose not to provide it.
PUBLIC INFORMATION INCLUDING USER GENERATED CONTENT
You may choose to disclose information about yourself in the course of contributing user generated content to us or through your use of our Products and Services including in our online chat rooms, blogs, message boards, user "profiles" for public view or in similar forums on our sites and/or on third party sites. Information that you disclose in any of these forums is unencrypted, public information, may be accessed or recorded by Screenzilla, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality therein.
You should be aware that any Personal Information you submit in the course of these public activities can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to make public in any of these forums.
Note also that in the ordinary course of Internet activity, certain information may be sent from your browser to third parties such as advertising networks and analytics companies. Screenzilla has no control over the information sent from your browser to those networks or other third parties and recommends that you ensure that your browser settings prevent the disclosure of information you would not like to share.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use your information (including Personal Information) for administrative, analytical, research, optimisation, security and other purposes, including, without limitation, for the following purposes:
- to provide you with any goods, services, or functionality you have requested, including the Products and Services;
- to improve our Products and Services, and any future Products and Services we may produce;
- to send you information related to our Products and Services, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to process transactions for the Products and Services;
- to manage your account with Hyper Hippo;
- to track your use of our Products and Services to help us learn more about your gaming activities and understand your preferences and tendencies so that we can personalise your experience, provide you with in-game offers and notifications that are tailored to you, and otherwise enhance your gaming experience;
- to personalise your content and offers;
- to respond to customer service inquiries;
- to troubleshoot problems with the Products and Services and to improve Products and Services;
- to protect against cheating, crime or fraud, or for other security reasons;
- to conduct marketing, including promotional activities such as sending newsletters;
- to provide you advertising that better suits your interests and profile and is age/gender-appropriate and targeted to your general location;
- to compile statistics;
- to send you push notifications (if you choose to allow that function); and
- to take any other action permitted by law.
By providing Personal Information through the use or access of any of our Products and Services, you acknowledge and agree that we may use the Personal Information for the purposes set out herein and by using, accessing or installing any of our Products and Services and/or submitting information to us you also agree that we may use the Non-Personal Information for the purposes set out herein.
UPDATES AND PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
We may occasionally send you updates, patches and related push notifications that may be of importance to you. If you do not wish to receive these types of updates, patches and notifications you should discontinue use of our Products and Services or disconnect your computer or device from the Internet.
If you wish to opt out of push notifications, select the applicable settings tab for the applicable Product or Service, and follow the necessary prompts to opt out of further push notifications.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not transfer your Personal Information to third parties, except for our business partners who have agreed to comply with legally required privacy standards and who will use the information only for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection or for a use consistent with that purpose.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information, including Personal Information, about you with hardware manufacturers, platform hosts, publishers, business partners, and other third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We may sell, rent or share your Usage Data and other Non-Personal Information with third parties including, without limitation, device IDs, advertising IDs or other persistent identifiers and non-precise geolocation information or precise geolocation information (if you choose to allow us to collect it), with third parties who assist us with our operations such as administration, analytics, research, optimisation, and advertising and with our advertising partners in order to, among other things, allow them to serve more relevant and geographically-appropriate advertisements tailored to you.
Our Products and Services offer social sharing features such as “Share” or “Like” on Facebook or other third-party social networking sites. If you decide to use such features, it may allow the sharing and collection of information (including Personal Information) both to and from such third-party social networks. You should visit the policies of such third parties for more information about their information collection practices.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Hyper Hippo has implemented reasonable physical and technical measures to protect the information we collect or are provided with from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers" from illegally obtaining access to this information.. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, so your use of the Products and Services is at your own risk.. In addition to the security measures referenced above, if you use any of our Products and Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for restricting access to your computer, device or game system platform, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
The data and information that we collect will be stored and maintained by Hyper Hippo or our third party service providers until you instruct us otherwise, or, in our sole discretion, for the longer of: (a) for so long as is necessary or appropriate to carry out the purpose(s) for which such information was collected and (b) for so long as we are required to maintain such information by law or other applicable rules or regulations and your consent to such purposes remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
Currently, Hyper Hippo or our third party service providers retain and store information collected by, or provided to, us on secure servers in Canada and the United States. As Hyper Hippo and some of our third party service providers may store information received from users (including Personal Information) outside of Canada, and under the laws of those other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other provinces or foreign jurisdictions may be entitled to access users’ information.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hyper Hippo will use reasonable efforts to provide you access to your Personal Information (to the extent we are in possession of any) if you request such access by contacting us at the email address below. Hyper Hippo reserves the right to deny access to or deletion of your Personal Information: when such denial of access is required by law; or when granting you access is reasonably likely to negatively impact other people’s privacy.
If you believe that the Personal Information maintained by Hyper Hippo about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may contact us and let us know the information that is incorrect and the information you want it replaced with. You may request a copy of some of the Personal Information that we hold on you and reuse or share it for your own purposes. The right to data portability only applies to Personal Information you’ve provided to us, not any other information, it must be that we are processing your Personal Information because you have provided your consent for us to do so and the processing is carried out by automated means. Also, if the Personal Information concerns more than one individual, we may not be able to transfer the information to you if doing so would prejudice the other person’s rights.
OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
Hyper Hippo recognizes the privacy interest of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s use of our Products and Services. Our Products and Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not target our Products and Services to children under the age of 13. Hyper Hippo does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at the email address below. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
If you are between the age of 13 and 18, please obtain your parents' permission prior to using any of our Products and Services or providing us with any Personal Information.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
Hyper Hippo Productions Ltd.
Address: 925 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC V6C 3L2